1. Admission to the courses in CUIET are regulated on the basis of orders/instructions of Govt. of Kerala from time to time.
2. The percentage of seats to be filled by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination, and the management will be as per the decision of the University and Govt. of Kerala. At present 85% of the total seats available ( both Merit and Management ) are filled through centralised allotment process by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations , Govt. of Kerala.
3. For NRI quota ( remaining 15% seats) the candidates should submit the application in the prescribed form to the Principal, Calicut University Institute of Engineering and Technology within the time fixed by the University.
4. The University will prepare a separate rank list on the basis of the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the qualifying examination by the candidates who have applied for admission to this Institution under NRI quota . This rank list will be published in the notice board & website of this institution. Any complaint with regard to the rank list should be lodged within 5 days to the Principal after the publication of the rank list.
5. The admission to this Institute under NRI quota will be on the basis of the rank list so prepared. The intimation for counselling will be sent to all candidates by post . The date will be published in the College Website.
6. This Prospectus is subject to modification/addition/deletion, as may be deemed necessary by the University of Calicut.
Courses And Number Of Seats
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||60|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
Eligibility for Admission
i) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination,Kerala ,or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto , with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together.
ii) The Vocational Higher Secondary Examinations , Kerala, has been recognised as equivalent to the Higher Secondary Examination,Kerala.
iii) In case of NRI candidates who are selected on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination, 50% marks in mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are required. For Diploma holders 60% marks in the final diploma Examination is required.
iv) For all courses, candidates belonging to SEBC with a total annual family income as per the G.O(p)No.1/2015/BCDD dated 01.01.2015 ,will have relaxation of 5 % marks in the qualifying examination.
v) The SC/ST candidates require only a pass in qualifying examination.
vi) Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from outside the State of Kerala, shall produce a certificate of recognition and equivalency of qualification at the time of the personal interview.
vii) Those who pass the qualifying examination in compartmental/supplementary examination, are not eligible for admission in the same year.
viii) For Lateral Entry, candidates shall have passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent after undergoing an institutional course of at least 3 years and must have minimum of 60% marks for the Diploma. For candidates belonging to SC/ST community the minimum is 50% for the diploma.
ix) Lateral Entry will be permitted only to the branch of Engineering in which they have obtained the Diploma or corresponding branches.
x) Eligibility for admission is as prescribed by the Commissioner for Entrance examinations , Govt. of Kerala.
i) The applicant should have complete 17 years of age as on 31st December 2016. There is no upper age limit.
ii) For Lateral Entry maximum age as on last date of submission of application will be 25 years.
The candidates who wish to be admitted in CUIET in Merit and Management seats should exercise their options at the time of centralised allotment made by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala.
Candidates seeking admission to the NRI seats should apply to the Principal, CUIET in the prescribed form. They need not appear for the entrance examinations conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
Documents to be produced
Candidates seeking admission to the Institute of Engineering and Technology will have to produce the following Original Certificates at the time of Interview/Counselling.
1. S.S.L.C/Equivalent Certificate as proof of age.
2. Mark list and Pass Certificate of qualifying Exam.
3. Course and Conduct Certificate from the Head of Institution last attended.
4. Transfer Certificate.
5. Community and Income Certificate for SC/ST/SEBC candidates if reservation is claimed.
6. Admit card of Entrance Examination
7. Rank Card issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Exam.
8. Physical fitness.
AS FIXED BY THE UNIVERSITY/GOVT.
Student who discontinues his/her studies and leaves the college after the closure of admission is liable to pay an amount equivalent to the course fee under payment category for the rest of the period of the course as liquidated damages , irrespective of the fact that the student was admitted under merit or payment quota.
Subject to change as per the decision of the University of Calicut
In the case of discontinuation, ie if any candidate discontinue/leaves the institution after taking admission in the first year or in the subsequent years, the formalities are in accordance with the decision of the University Syndicate, from time to time.
Students are eligible for educational concessions from Harijan Welfare Department, Government of Kerala, provided their annual income is within the prescribed limits. Application for educational concessions in the prescribed format together with the necessary income and community certificate should be submitted to the Principal within 15 days from the date of admission for onward transmission to the Harijan Welfare Department.
Students shall strictly abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute. They should have neither been involved in any criminal case nor any case pending against him/her in any court of law. He should submit himself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Principal and other authorities of the Institute
HE/SHE SHOULD BE AWARE THAT RAGGING IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE AND IF HE IS FOUND GUILTY OF THE SAME HE/SHE WILL BE SUMMARILY EXPELLED FROM THE INSTITUTE AND HANDED OVER TO THE POLICE.
The rules and guidelines mentioned above are subject to modification and changes in accordance with the rules framed by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination, Government of Kerala. The prospectus issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination may also be taken as reference.